Wednesday, April 6

a happy sewing diversion


My vintage sewing machine hand-me-down
that I LOVE.


New place mats created on a whim.

I now need to refinish our breakfast table to make the colors pop. My round
pedestal table has a light maple surface with white base, but I'm thinking
darker with reddish hints for the surface & either white or chartreuse
(the funky green in my placemats) for the pedestal!
Depends on how bold I feel that day.

And then...I would love to add these scoop-back chairs from west elm.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I think you are amazing...and I love that picture of your sewing machine!!!

Anonymous said...

I love that vintage sewing machine, too. Eat it up for me, K? Lots of happy memories...and those placemats seriously make me happy. Can I put in an order??? And West Elm makes me happy too--did you find it from pi'lo? And you make me happy.

Candace Nelson said...

Thanks Court & Bets! And Betsy...I WILL definitely eat it up as you say..being as that machine is rightfully yours, I owe you that! I'm loving it though, and getting some great use out of it. And you can put in your order now! What colors? Or should I just go crazy for ya?

I found West Elm randomly on my own one day. They have a location out here & it is AWESOME to browse. Prices are quite reasonable too. For instance, those scoop back chairs are less there than a similar one at IKEA. Cool.