Sunday, February 6

mmmm, more coconut please

Recently learning about the health benefits of eating certain kinds of fat and having decided to take a next step to prove it, today I purchased my very first jar of 100% pure organic coconut oil. The recommendation was to put 1 to 2 tablespoons (I just did 1, since it isn't cheap--ha, ha, I was almost going to say, 'since it doesn't grow on trees') into hot herbal tea and to drink it twenty minutes before each meal. I tried it in my peach green tea & was surprised to find that it was quite tasty.

Off the top of my head, some of the known benefits include:
Increased energy
Better digestion
Weight loss (yes, people, I'm not kidding!)
Healthy skin & hair

After only one day & two servings of my special tea, I am feeling very nice in my tummy. For long term results, time will tell. Cooking with other parts of the coconut will be the next small step to creating a healthier lifestyle.

Coconut oil has not been the only implementation in my Eat Fat Lose Fat experiment, three other notable changes have occurred. One, I have been adding more vegetables to my diet. Two, I am now on a very nice exercise regimen. Finally, three, I have eliminated the words 'low-fat/non-fat' completely from my diet and have been eating fattier cuts of meat & even butter. You would think I'd be gaining weight by the barrelful--not so! I have not gained a pound! On top of which, I am losing inches. The whole endeavor has been actually quite fun. I feel more satisfied after each meal and am finding myself eating smaller amounts without trying! And get this, NO CRAVINGS! In light of such favorable findings, I am excitedly awaiting future results. Meanwhile, I am loving how I feel. Smile.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, but do you know what happens if you eat hot spicy unsanitary food in china and then chug a glass of coconut milk?

Anonymous said...

you won't gain a pound doing that either!

Candace Nelson said...

Ew...sounds...unsanitary. Haha.